Saturday, July 23, 2011

Review: ARC of Sacrifice (Crave #2) by Laura Burns and Melinda Metz

Title: Sacrifice (Crave #2)
Authors: Laura J. Burns and Melinda Metz
Release Date: September 20th 2011
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Source: ARC egalley from Simon & Schuster
Kindle edition: not lendable

My review for Crave can be found HERE


Goodreads Description:

Gabriel and Shay are convinced that they can make their relationship work. Knowing that Shay is half-vampire, Gabriel thinks that his coven will embrace her as one of their own, but instead they view her as an abomination, a thing that doesn’t belong in either world. And they want her dead. Now Gabriel must make the ultimate decision - watch his love be killed by his coven or defy the people closest to him, the people he has spent centuries with to save her.





Sacrifice starts where Crave left off.  Gabriel had brought Shay to his family and they don't welcome her into the family at all.  They see her as an abomination.  In his family's minds, they shouldn't exist and with Gabriel bringing Shay, that posed a threat of humans finding out about their existence. 

Shay is immediately taken in as a prisoner.  Being half-vampire, Shay won't survive in there without Gabriel's vampire blood.  She's weak and her hands are tied up.  Millie, Gabriel's sister vampire, comes in and unties her hands and then leaves to grab Shay a bottle of water.  While Millie is away, Shay finds her cell phone in her pocket and dials her best friend, Olivia.  She can't tell Olivia where she is or who she's with because she doesn't want to expose the vampires - not to mention that no one would believe her anyway and if they did come to rescue her, they might end up getting killed.  Little does she know, her cell phone is being tracked by Martin and he is gonna show up and cause trouble very soon.

As soon as I saw Sacrifice in my email, I knew right then that I was abandoning all my current reads to start Sacrifice.  I have been dying to read the sequel for almost a year.  Let me say this- I was not disappointed.

I love the way the authors switch between the viewpoints of Shay and Gabriel.  It makes it so much easier to understand what they are really feeling and what they are experiencing while they are apart from each other.  When they finally have the chance to be together, Shay finds out Gabriel's secret and leaves him.  The alternate views help the reader to really understand what is going through her thoughts and why she does what she does.  I, personally, don't agree with her decision though. I would have stayed with him after I found out the truth and would have forgave him instantly. 

The twists and turns throughout the story are unexpected.  I kept finding myself saying "What? You can't be serious!" and "Really?" every time something new came up.  You have to expect the unexpected in this story.

This is the type of book that you read in one day.  The action never stops and flows easily throughout the entire story. I was like a moth to a flame when it came to this book.  I picked it up at every free minute I had. I even stayed up till almost 2am to finish it, knowing I had to get up at 6am.  It was totally worth it!  I love this series.  I can't say enough great things about it.  Not only are the covers striking, but the plots are amazing, the emotions are intense, and the characters are inspirational.  Sacrifice doesn't leave us on a major cliffhanger so we're not left with questions at the end, but it was left with a possible opening for a third book.  If there is, I can't wait to read it!



1 comment:

  1. I loved this one as well! Found it to be very enjoyable and was super psyched for the ARC!! My review won't be up til September, was keeping it close to the release date! Great review!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and read each and every one. I appreciate y'all stopping by and your opinions matter so feel free to say whatever you want:)