Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Matched - Ally Condie


I would really give this book 3 1/2 stars. I liked the characters Cassia, Xander, and Ky and the whole forbidden romance sort of plot but I got confused and a bit bored reading this. I still don't know if the character are more human or robot so I really wish the author would have confirmed that for me so I am not left wondering. The idea of the Society matching you up around the age of 17 and not giving them free will to choose their own future and mate was interesting but the way it was written was a little boring for me. I will be honest and say that around page 80 I started skimming through the book and reading just the quotes of the characters so that I knew what was going on. I was still able to keep up with the story doing this and became invested in Cassia's conflict with her 2 "matches" and how she was falling in love with Ky when she knew that she was supposed to be with Xander, her true match and lifelong friend. The Society are people that take away your ability to do what normal humans would do. They have to eat when they are told and what they are told, and they have to work, sleep, be inside at a certain curfew every night. To make matters worse, the elders all die at the age of 80, they don't know how to write and if they are caught, they would get an infraction against them. This book would be an example of what would happen if we didn't have our own free will to do and be with who we want and that is not a world I would want to live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and read each and every one. I appreciate y'all stopping by and your opinions matter so feel free to say whatever you want:)