Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Forgive My Fins - Tera Lynn Childs

Lily is half human and half mermaid. She lives with her aunt on land and goes to school with Brody. She's had a crush on Brody since she first saw him in the ocean. He just looked like he belonged there. Lily also has a pesky neighbor, Quince, that annoys her all the time. She finally gets up the nerve to ask Brody to the Spring Fling and he says "no". She goes to sulk in the bathroom when Quince comes in and consoles her. Later Quince comes up with a plan to try and get Brody and Lily alone, only it's not Brody whe ends up alone with...it's Quince. She thinks she's alone with Brody so they kiss and she realizes its Quince she is actually kissing. Lily kissing Quince has bonded them and Quince is gonna turn to a merman. Now Lily has to take Quince to meet the King and get the bonding removed so she can be with the one she truly loves.
This is such a cute love story! It was a quick read that kept me entertained the entire time. I actually had fun reading this story. There were so many twists and turns, I couldn't predict what was gonna happen next - though I did try. The sea terminology that Tera used when writing this story had me laughing at random moments and my family thought I was going insane. She created a funny, adventurous romance with "Forgive My Fins" and I would love to read the seaquel (LOL... get it SEAquel) HAHA...see I can come up with my own terminology too:) Just read this cause its really good. 4 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and read each and every one. I appreciate y'all stopping by and your opinions matter so feel free to say whatever you want:)