Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sleepless - Cyn Balog

Eron is a sandman. He puts his charges to sleep through seduction but never touches them or communicates with them. His job is to protect his charges. His 100 years as a sandman are almost up and he can return to being human in just a few weeks. Julia is one of his charges. Her boyfriend Griffin recently passed away and is gonna be Eron's replacement. Griffin is having a hard time letting go of Julia and starts leaving signs showing that he may be dead, but he is still watching her and that she still belongs to him. After years of putting Julia to sleep and watching out for her, Eron starts falling for her and even though it's not allowed, while he is transitioning to become human, he risks everything to be with her and not forget about her.
My thoughts on this book: I loved it! I love the characters and the plot. "Sleepless" kept me reading into the night while everyone else was sleeping. The way it was written made me feel that I was actually a real character in the story. I could relate with the characters and their feelings and so while I was reading, I was constantly rooting for Eron and Julia. When I was finished, I kept opening my eyes in hopes that maybe my own sandman would come. I can't wait to see what Cyn Balog has up her sleeve next. I recommend this story for those that love paranormal romance but are tired of the usual vampires and werewolves. 4 1/2 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and read each and every one. I appreciate y'all stopping by and your opinions matter so feel free to say whatever you want:)