Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Heavenly - Jennifer Laurens


Zoey hasn't had the perfect life. Her brother Luke smokes pot. She parties by drinking ALOT and getting "extra" attention from the boys. Her parents don't pay enough attention to her cause they are constantly worrying over Abria, Zoey's sister who has autism. Well soon her life changes when she meets Matthias, her sister's guardian angel. Not everyone can see Matthias and he's only around when Abria needs him. Zoey and Matthias start hanging together with Abria and she can't seem to get enough of him and soon falls in love with him. Zoey has to cloud her thoughts so Matthias can't read that she's thinking about holding, touching, and kissing him. She even starts singing Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious over and over in her mind to keep him from her thoughts. What will he do if he finds out? Will he love her back or will he tell her that he isn't able to love?

I've never read a book by Jennifer Laurens. This is my first. It was a quick read that was well written and had everything I was looking for. I have a child with ADHD, and so I was really able to relate with the characters and the reality of it all. "Heavenly" touched me in ways no other book has before. I laughed and cried while reading it. Read this and you won't regret it!! 5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and read each and every one. I appreciate y'all stopping by and your opinions matter so feel free to say whatever you want:)