Saturday, August 21, 2010

My Blood Approves - Amanda Hocking

   After leaving a club in the middle of the night, Alice Bonham and her best friend Jane start walking home.  So Alice starts hearing footsteps behind them and so they hurry realizing that the footsteps hurry also.  They take refuge in a deserted parking garage and the men follow in after towards Alice.  She freezes not knowing where Jane has hidden and is about to accept her fate of an early death.  All of a sudden a black Jetta screeches in and the guy inside (wearing pink no doubt) saves her.  He introduces himself as Jack.
   Jack texts Alice and they start hanging out.  They go to a concert (where he lifts her onto his shoulders for the entire event) and everyone seems to look at Jack like he's the only male on the planet.  Alice can't figure out what's different about him and starts considering different theories as to what he's hiding from her.  Alice starts having feelings for him. (Ahem...gorgeous, rich, heroic - who wouldn't right?)
   Jack and his family are vampires and when Alice meets Jack's brother, Peter, she can't resist the urge for them to be together, but the problem is that he wants nothing to do with her.  Now Alice has to sort her true feelings out and decide who and what she wants in life.  But the consequences could be deadly if she chooses wrong.
   Just after reading the opening chapters of "My Blood Approves", I knew I was hooked and would be a huge fan of Amanda Hocking.  I loved this book from the beginning all the way to the end.  I couldn't help but cheer when Jack came in the parking garage to save the day.  Every girl wants their own "Knight in Shining Armor" (But let's face it girls- Who really ever gets one?)
   I started reading it thinking that it was very similar to "Twilight" and then it just started developing into a story all of its own.  Any fans of vampire romance should read this series.  As soon as I finished this book, I went right on to the sequel.  I am HOOKED!!

5 Stars                                                            


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and read each and every one. I appreciate y'all stopping by and your opinions matter so feel free to say whatever you want:)