Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Crescendo - Becca Fitzpatrick

Nora Grey is gonna learn the truth about herself in this book. She is going out with her guardian angel, Patch. Patch drops Nora off and while she is stalling to go, they make out and she tells him that she loves him. He suddenly acts like he has to go. After that, Nora can't help but regret saying it knowing they can't be together because if they are caught, Patch will be sent to Hell. Nothing left to do but break it off with Patch, even though it kills her to do so. So Nora gets to summer school and has Marcie Miller as her new lab partner. Marcie has done nothing but torment Nora so when she hears Patch and Marcie are together, Nora starts hanging with Scott who is a friend from her childhood that used to pick on her, who just moved back town. Vee is dating Patch's friend Rixon, a fallen angel, so Nora starts hanging out with Scott more and more then starts to realize there's something not quite right about him. Is he really who he says he is or is he something more? While at a local shopping center with Vee, Nora thinks she sees her dead father then has nightmares of murders that happened in the past, along with her father's murder, and starts digging around for the truth. Is her father really dead? Well, that is what Nora is going to find out.

After I read "Hush, Hush" , I couldn't wait to get my hands on the sequel. I loved this book and the cliffhanger at the end will leave readers begging for more. I know that I sure am. We get to discover about Nora and a lot of characters that have secrets. Its kept me guessing the entire way. I was heartbroken when Nora broke up with Patch, but it was for his own safety and I respect Nora for her decision. The thing about this book though is that Patch and Nora really aren't away from each other very much because they keep "running" into each other at parties, pool halls, and plenty of other unexpected places. There is plenty of romance (my favorite part), action, and mystery so if you get a chance to read this book...Read it!! 4 1/2 - 5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and read each and every one. I appreciate y'all stopping by and your opinions matter so feel free to say whatever you want:)