Sunday, May 23, 2010

Linger - Maggie Stiefvater


In this second book of the Wolves of Mercy Falls Series, Sam and Grace finally get to be together. But for how long is the question. With Winter chills still haunting Sam of his previous life as a wolf, he remembers what it was like and what he has gained from becoming human. He takes on the responsibility of Beck's pack, including 2 new wolves, and tries to help them with their new shifting abilities. Sam and Grace are able to spend night after night together sleeping in each other's arms all the while that Grace feels something welling inside of her. She comes down with fevers, headaches, and nose bleeds and she can only fear of the thing that is inside her is the wolf that has never gotten the chance to come out after all these years. Grace has to lie to Sam about what she really feels is wrong with her. Will Sam and the others figure it out in time to save Grace and did Sam become a human only to find out that he is gonna lose the love of his life?
The story contains the point of view of Sam and Grace, as well as Isabel and Cole, who is one of the new wolves. I didn't as much care to hear their POV as much as Sam and Grace. They are the main characters of the story and thought that having all 4 of the POV's was a bit much. I really enjoyed the story introducing the new characters, just got a little confused trying to keep in thought whose POV I was reading from. I would be reading Cole's and the entire time be thinking it was actually Sam's and then come to something that didn't make sense to me and then finally remember whose POV I was actually reading. 2 is ok, but 4 is a bit much in my opinion.
After all is said and done, I really did enjoy the story. I absolutely loved Shiver so I knew that I would not be disappointed with Linger. I loved Sam and Grace being able to spend their time together and the introduction of Cole who becomes a major character in the story along with his budding romance with Isabel. I can't wait for the next installment of the series to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and read each and every one. I appreciate y'all stopping by and your opinions matter so feel free to say whatever you want:)